Hummus is so easy to make yourself at home. It also is a lot healthier than store bought hummus. I admit I usually use canned beans to make dips, it cuts down on time considerably, but I do make sure to purchase organic and bpa free cans. In this hummus I used 1 can of chickpeas and 1 of navy beans, you can really use any beans you would like here.
I made this to dip my chickpea flatbread and veggies in, a very filling, healthy and satisfying snack or light lunch.
- 1 can chickpeas (from bpa free cans) drained and rinsed
- 1 can navy beans (from bpa free cans) drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp natural sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- Place all ingredients into a food processor except chickpeas and navy beans and blend together.
- Once combined add in the beans and process until smooth
- You may need to add a splash of water or more olive oil to get a really smooth texture.
- Enjoy with cut up veggies, crackers or flatbreads.