I have been avoiding bread and gluten for over a month now, surprisingly I really don’t miss it much. I do though get a craving for something bread like every once in a while. I saw these on the kitchen operas and have been wanting to make them. I finally did and I’m glad, they were really good. I ate them with hummus I made, they are a bit more on the cracker side, very light with a nice crunch. A great gluten free flatbread and simple to make.
I made mine with caraway seeds and pan fried them in coconut oil which makes them crispier.
- 1 cup chickpea flour + more for rolling
- 2 Tbsp potato starch
- 1 Tsp cumin seeds, caraway seeds or spice of your choice
- ½ Tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup water
- coconut oil for light frying
- Wisk together all the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add in the olive oil and water
- Mix by hand until combined (you may need to have flour around to keep adding to prevent from sticking to much on your hands)
- Heat cast iron or frying pan to medium- low and add coconut oil
- Roll dough into 6 small balls and keep coating with flour while rolling them into flat circles with a rolling pin
- Fry each one separately in the pan on each side until cooked and lightly browned
- Serve right away
Hope you enjoy this light and crispy homemade flatbread recipe!